This summer, Renaissance Youth Council will gather thousands of teens, elected officials, NYPD and its Community Partners, and youth organizations from around the city for the Youth Connect: Journey to Unity Tour.
The Tour will swing through NYC parks in each borough to inspire youth to #getconnected to positive activities, engaged peers, and community leaders. These celebrations will feature music, dance, and dynamic speakers, and will connect attendees to programs and civic engagement opportunities in their neighborhoods.
NYPD & Renaissance Youth Center Media Communications Fellowship
Submission Deadline: June 27, 2018
This fellowship will meet for seven evenings between July 9th - August 17th, plus filming dates at community events. We are accepting participants ages 14-18, who will receive a $350 stipend upon completion of the course and will:
- Learn how to storyboard, film, and edit compelling content, and share content online and with traditional outlets.
- read more about this great opportunity...
- Learn how to engage news media before events, at events, and after an event.
- Film interviews and footage of community events like National Night Out, Street Festivals, and City-funded Summer Programs/Events from a youth perspective.
- Film the planning meetings for the Youth Connect: Journey to Unity Tour, showing how youth can plan and execute campaigns in their community.
- Film Youth Connect events in all five boroughs and create media that continues the momentum forward, getting young people involved with civic engagement during the school year in their neighborhoods.
Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Contest
- Deadline: July 1st, 2018, 9pm EST
- Submit entries to: email@example.com - IMPORTANT: Please read ALL rules below before submitting entries.
- Too many teens are disconnected, isolated, and lacking positive outlets to discover their passions and meet engaged peers. The Youth Connect: Journey 2 Unity Tour is here to fix that, but we need your help. We are holding events in all five boroughs and need pieces (1 visual, 1 written) that speak to this issue.
- click for full rules
- You can capture where we are today, and show the problems facing teens lacking a positive path forward (a wake up call, a call to action). Or your piece could show a positive vision: how amazing it is for teens to be involved in their community and thriving through positive activities that create unity and joy.
- For the T-Shirt contest, we will print your design on T-Shirts available at Youth Connect events in all five boroughs, and will spread the image via social media and news stories, giving exposure to you and your work.
- For the Poetry or Essay contest, we will read your piece publicly, or you can read it yourself on stage, at events in all five boroughs, and we will share it on social media and news outlets, to use your powerful words to draw attention to the work we are doing, and give exposure to your talent and your voice.
- Prizes: 1st Place in each contest gets $300. 2nd and 3rd place in each contest get $100. Winners will be announced by July 15th.
- For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org